Are you ready for some football? WE know we are and regardless of what team you are routing for you, one thing is for sure: your guests are going to what to eat! From traditional favorites to some new twists on classic recipes, here are some of our favorite foods to serve on game day.
1. Potato skins: A classic dish at most Super Bowl parties, these are delicious when they are stuffed with bacon bites and cheese. Top them with sour cream for the ultimate potato skin.
2. Chips and guacamole: Make a heaping portion of guacamole with avocados, limes, lemons, tomatoes, salt and pepper. And don't forget your favorite tortilla chip!
3. Chicken fingers: Serve up some breaded chicken fingers with some mustard and ketchup on the side. This is also a great idea to have on-hand if kids are going to be at your party.
4. Wings: Another classic Super Bowl food, be sure to have a selection of mild and spicy wings that are sure to be a hit. We will also need tons of wet wipes and napkins for this one.
5. Mini burgers: Create a burger bar where you guests can add on their own toppings such as cheese, pickles, lettuce, tomatoes, etc. Another nice touch is to have a selection of buns ready to go for a delicious appetizer.
6. Nachos: Prepare loaded nachos at your party with tons of cheese, beans, peppers, onions, salsa, and olives.
7. Pigs in a blanket: A favorite for entertaining, prepare a breaded treat with mini hotdogs. Make sure to have a variety of condiments for dipping.
8. Stuffed mushrooms: Make a platter of mushrooms and fill them with garlic, cheese and bread crumbs. Bake them and have them ready on a platter for your guests to enjoy.
9. Cheesy bread: Serve up a loaf of Italian bread that is covered in cheese.
10. Grilled cheese sandwiches: Make a mini grilled cheese bar featuring a variety of different cheeses and breads.
11. Cheese and crackers: A simple dish to serve, display a variety of cheeses and crackers as a nice appetizer for when your kids arrive.
12: Beer: Technically not a food, no Super Bowl party would be complete without beer. Make that you have a variety, including beers from the states that are in the Super Bowl.
13. Chili: Make a hearty chili for game day complete with beans, meat, peppers, tomatoes, chili pepper, onions, and carrots. We suggest topping it with cheese and sour cheese for the ultimate meal-in-a-bowl.